Tuesday, January 6, 2015

If you're having guests and want to make something
different for breakfast that has
a pretty presentation  I think this may
fit the bill.  I don't have a name for it.  If anyone reading this
recognizes it, please let me know & don't hesitate
to give me some tips or tell me what I did wrong. :)




I got the idea from seeing 
 a picture of a breakfast plate in my Facebook newsfeed
that a friend had shared.  It looked interesting but it was
in a foreign language so I couldn't figure out the exact recipe and
it was just a picture of the end product. I attempted to 
replicate it for this mornings breakfast. I had a couple issues
but it turned out pretty good.  

First you separate the egg whites and yolks.  I use my hands.  I needed
two hands so I couldn't get a picture of this step. :)
Be sure to put the whites in a bowl that you can beat
with a mixer.  This stainless bowl worked great.



I added a little cream of tartar & salt.  I did not measure (as
usual).  Beat them til soft peaks form.
It's similar to making meringue without the sugar.



However many eggs you separated, make mounds of the beaten
egg whites.  I used a small serving spoon to scoop out one
spoonful for each mound and added another
to each mound at a time to try to keep them similar size.
Take your spoon and make a small well in the center
of each mound for the yolk to sit in.
Add a yolk to each mound.  I goofed and tried to use a spoon 
and broke 3 yolks.  I then tipped the bowl of yolks
to pour one in my hand at a time.  However, with the 
broke yolks in there, it didn't make
a nice neat presentation.... but  I don't imagine
it tastes any different. 


Then I put the eggs in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes.
I fried some bacon while the eggs were baking 
and made toast as well.


The eggs finished before the bacon was done
frying.  So I opened the oven door to let it
cool down some and lowered the temp to
200 degrees.  Put the eggs back in to
just keep them warm 'til the bacon 
and toast were ready.


That's about it.  Next time I think I'll partially cook
the whites before adding the yolks so
the yolks are on the runny side.


Just remember to use  pastured eggs from a local farm.
Store bought eggs are generally from a factory farm
and do NOT have the same nutritional value as
pastured eggs.  Free range eggs are not as nutritional
as pastured eggs.  However, pastured eggs are considered
free range, but not all free range eggs are
 considered pastured eggs. 

Fresh is Good! Healthy is Best!