Grass-fed and pastured meats and eggs not only offer inherent health benefits, but also have the very finest of flavor.
CLA researcher Dr. Tilak Dhiman has found the following benefits of grass-fed in comparison to grain fed products:
- 500% more CLA. Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) is an essential fatty acid with some pretty amazing properties. Animal studies suggest that it is:
- Helps prevent obesity
- Anti-atherosclerosis (heart disease)
- Increases immunity
- Increases bone density
- Suppresses the growth of cancer cells
- 400% more vitamin A which is a cancer fighter and is linked to good vision and good sex. It is also necessary for bone development and the prevention of skin disorders. Grass-fed beef has 400% more vitamin A in the liver than grain-fed beef.
- 300% more vitamin E. Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that lowers the risk of both heart disease and cancer. Antioxidants are also considered to be "anti-aging" agents that help your body resist the negative impact of oxidation.
- 75% more beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is an antioxidant and can help lower the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
Read more at eatwild.com
This site has a wealth of information about the benefits of grass-fed meats and much more.